Friday, October 4, 2013

Day 4: Slither

Slither (2006)

Happy Friday to me, here's a film I know well.  I sing the songs used in the soundtrack loudly (and somewhat off key after a certain volume), I know more than a few lines.  I won't say much here so I don't ruin the moments I still love, so they can be enjoyed for the first time.

See, I get more confused looks over this film than others; but not because people don't see the appeal.  Because they haven't heard of it, or they saw the name, the poster, and wrote it off as standard B movie crap. Or they love 'Firefly' or 'Castle,' but they don't watch horror movies because they're stupid.

The latter group is welcome to their opinion, but they're missing out.

It's a bit silly, and it's not a new story, but it is funny, and it is well done.  Nathan Fillion works this role as well as Malcolm Reynolds.  Better, maybe, because there's so much more room for campiness and expression herein.

Not the goriest-- though the grossness isn't lacking-- and far from dark, it's just fun.  It'll weed out the squeamish in your life regardless, but make sure to repeat the jokes to them later when they're not running in disgust from the worms and tentacles.

Now go watch it.

Would I watch it again? Easily.  Happily.  I haven't memorised all the lines yet.
Would I own it? Already do.  I dare you to pry it out of my hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment