Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 14: Carver

Carver (2008)

I dug this one up by adding the Frightpix channel to my Roku (after frying the heat sink of my 32" TV last night, replacing it with a 22", talking a salesman into buying 'Outlast,' and desperately playing catch-up on this blog, and video games).  Added most of the free horror channels to the Roku, actually, so there should be no shortage of fresh meat.

For the cheap digital camera work, it's not as bad as I expected it to be.  I specifically started dinner after I hit play so I had a ready excuse to walk away and listen to the screams in another room, but this one redeemed itself with me a bit with the meta commentary about the home videos the killer takes and calling them low budget.  Like the movie they're in.  The actors aren't bad.  The makeup and gore is better than some big budget productions.

It's just your typical vacation gone (horribly) wrong flick, and definitely not the worst.  But I can't think of anything else to say about it that's interesting, so we'll leave it at this:  You could pick far worse.

Would I watch it again? No.
Would I own it? Nah.

No comments:

Post a Comment